Physician Assistant License Verification
In reviewing a physician assistant's license information, it is important to know what is and is not available from the Physician Assistant Board (Board) about physician assistants licensed by the State of California.
California law provides that the following information IS public and would appear on a record under Public disclosure if applicable to the physician assistant:
- If a physician assistant has been disciplined or formally accused of wrongdoing by the Board.
- If a physician assistant has been issued a citation for a minor violation of the law by the Board.
Under California law, the following information is NOT public and would NOT appear on a record if applicable to the physician assistant:
- Complaints made to the Physician Assistant Board.
- Investigations conducted by the Physician Assistant Board
- Convictions reported to the Physician Assistant Board.
- Medical malpractice information. This information may be available at the local county courthouse in the "Civil Index." Click here for California Superior Court contact information.