Online Application Instructions for an Initial Physician Assistant License
The Physician Assistant Board will expedite the licensing process with the required documentation for:
- Active Duty Military
- Military Veteran – Honorably Discharged
- Active Duty Military – Spouses or Partner
ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNTIL THE BOARD RECEIVES THE ATTESTATIION PAGE (PA5) AND APPROPRIATE FEES.
In addition to submitting the online application the following items MUST be mailed to the Board:
- Form PA5 – License Application Attestation.
- Form PA6 – Physician Assistant Training Program Certification.
- Form PA7 – Verification of Licensure Physician Assistant or Other Healthcare Professional, if applicable.
This is a courtesy verification form to initiate the request to verify a license. The board will accept other states verification letters.
- Form PA8 – Birth Month Request
- PANCE Exam Score
Please visit www.nccpa.net to authorize the release of your score. California does not require Physician Assistants to be certified in order to practice in California therefore licensing is based on the PANCE exam score. Certification letters and PANRE exam score letters will not be accepted.
- National Practitioner Data Bank Report
Please visit www.npdb.hrsa.gov to request a self-query report. PDF versions of the NPDB report will not be accepted.
- Completed live scan form or fingerprint cards
Please visit https://www.dca.ca.gov/webapps/pac/fp_requests.php to request fingerprint cards or the Live Scan Service Request form.
Click on the icon below to proceed to the online application.